Amuse-bouche…which is not what I originally thought – a tiny, funny Belgian mouse- but a bite-size appetizer! Go figure! Its also fun to say – [A-mooz boosh].
So here are some of the things that I randomly mused on this week but about which I didn’t write a complete blog.
– Fantastic Science:
- New telescopic contact lens that gives you superman-like vision!
- A mouse is cloned from a single drop of blood! No males required!
- A 15 year old builds a battery-free flashlight. Why oh why did I spend time obsessing over Morten Harket when I was 15!!
– Animals I pondered about:
- Narwhal: Magnificent creature…. or just a dolphin with a strap-on!
– Books I read:
- I am Forbidden: Gut wrenching story of the lives of two women brought up in an old and really repressive form of Judaism – I wouldn’t last a day as a Hasidic woman
- Mother Earth Father Sky: Lyrical story about a young girl during the ice age whose entire family is brutally murdered and her quest for revenge – I wouldn’t have lasted a day as an ice age woman – probably be speared to death by a narwhal!
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: because I’m watching the movies with my kids this summer and I miss Harry Potter!
– Movies I saw:
- World War Z: Date night movie with zombies and the extremely man-pretty Brad Pitt. Not like the book at all but really good! Along with The Impossible, I now have come to the humbling realization that my current level of physical fitness will not allow me to survive an ocean of zombies or an ocean of ocean! Unless the world ends in a slow moving molasses catastrophe or zombie turtles – I’m screwed!
– Online videos I wasted time on:
- The Daily Show: cannot get enough of this! Jason Jones talking about banking regulation – “a ridiculous claim substantiated by nothing more than facts”, and “but what about the statistical evidence that has shown otherwise”!! Nerd-vana!
- Michelle Chamuel: She was robbed!! Come on guys, you are called The Voice, not The Face!
Have a great weekend everyone and I will be back on Monday! Meanwhile, enjoy my favorite memes of the week.